Cal Stanley of Western Australia has been awarded a “Life Achievement Award” by the Swimming Pool and Spa Alliance (SPASA).
Announced at SPASA’s Awards of Excellence on Saturday 17 August, the Life Achievement Award acknowledges individuals for their outstanding contribution to the Australian swimming pool and spa industry.
SPASA CEO, Spiros Dassakis says the “Life Achievement Award” is considered “one of the most prestigious awards” to be given by the peak industry body.
“The Lifetime Achievement Award is a rare honour, not given lightly and is only presented to those whose achievements are viewed as extraordinary,” he explains.
This accolade is even more extraordinary as Cal Stanley is not even a member of this organisation, however, the swimming pool and spa industry throughout Australia owes this man a great deal of gratitude as he has willingly and unselfishly devoted most of his entire working life to improving the swimming pool & spa industry.
Summary of Achievements
- Worked as an Accountant until he purchased Neptune Pools in WA - 1980
- Joined the Swimming Pool Industry Association WA (now SPASA WA) executive committee in mid-1981)
- SPIAWA President 1987 – 88
- SPASA WA President 1988 - 90, 1992 – 93
- SPASA National President 1996
- Member of Standards Australia CS-34 committee on pool safety since 1989 and played a pivotal role in development and the multiple revisions of AS1926.3 and AS1926 Parts 1 and 2
- Cal is considered by many in Australia as an authority on swimming pool and spa Australian Standards as well as Hydraulics
- Worked on numerous projects with SPASA relating to regulations and various federal submissions
- Currently works as a consultant and remains in constant demand to deliver presentations at Australian and International swimming pool and spa trade expos
“The industry remains the benefactor of Cal’s hard work and he continues to be one of the foremost authorities in this industry,” explains Dassakis.
“It’s a timely reminder, that we should all be listening and embracing the knowledge that comes from the experience of such industry icons - There are many others.”
“With this award, SPASA acknowledges Cal Stanley’s exceptional contribution to the industry - Australia-wide. On behalf of the SPASA Board of Directors, I would like to congratulate Cal Stanley on his Life Achievement Award.”
For More Information
Chief Executive Officer
Toll Free: 1800 802 482
Ph: (02) 9630 6300
Mob: 0449 065 841